I’ve made a change with my current protein waffle recipe and I’ve made them more healthier than they were, which also causes them to become more of a soufflé style waffle. They have the same great taste (I still eat my waffles every single day!). One of the coolest things about this waffle is while it’s heating up in the waffle maker it doubles in size and makes it look like it’s going to blow the top off the waffle maker (but it doesn’t and is just a super cool thing to watch!)
What makes these waffles incredibly worth waking up for? The Supreme Protein bar I crumbled on top! HOLY SMOKES, SO GOOD! It’s like the taste of everything awesome about fall in my mouth [I used the Supreme Protein Accelerate bar in Apple Cinnamon — this gave it a magical fall taste, but you could use any one of their other flavors like chocolate raspberry, vanilla almond, etc.].
If you’re not familiar with these bars, they’re pretty fantastic and what you need to start your day off (Yay #LiveSupreme!). A perfect amount of protein, carbs and fat, and helps boost your metabolism in the morning (which is incredibly important for setting the mood for a healthy day!). Theres so many bars out there that call themselves protein bars but rival chocolate bars with the low protein quantities. These beauties stand up to their names:
- 15g Protein, 190 calories, 3g fiber (Good source of your daily fiber needs)
- Primary protein source is a blend of whey, casein and milk proteins
- Made with natural flavors
- Soft protein core dipped in Greek yogurt topped with delicious fruit caramel
- Made with natural flavors
- Certified Gluten— Free! (breakfast that will help boost metabolism and provide sustained energy to help you in the gym, at the office or even getting the family out the door!
I think even the bar on it’s own is a perfect meal replacement for when you don’t have time to make this delicious waffle. I have them after my morning fasted cardio and before a weight lifting session. Check below the recipe for a little Supreme Protein Giveaway and get a $1 off your order (if you can’t wait for the giveaway to finish) here –> $1‑Off coupon
INGREDIENTS (makes enough for 1)
- 3 egg whites (that’s about 9 tbsp of pure egg whites)
- 4 tbsp of oat flour (I make my own by blending my dry oats!)
- 1 Supreme Protein Apple Cinnamon Bar
- Cinnamon to top (optional)
- Turn on & preheat your waffle maker (I use this one)
- In a small bowl, combine and then whisk together your egg whites and oat flour
- Pour slowly in your heated waffle maker.
- (Watch the magic of it’s expansion!)
- While it’s cooking, take your Supreme Protein Bar and chop it up!
- Once the light turns off on the waffle maker, take your waffle out, top with your Cinnamon Apple bar, and your optional cinnamon and calorie free syrup
- Ta-Da! All pretty and done! Eat and enjoy all the healthy protein goodness!